Question about other question -- would love some reasoning...

So if I was to say I knew that my sister was having a planned c-section that I knew she could not change on a certain day ...and I then changed my wedding day to that day and almost the same exact time she was having the c-section....Would that make my sister selfish and immature that she got upset over that ( keep in mind "my" wedding is a court house wedding ( my 3rd marriage), and that we sent out no invites, we just called to tell people to be there) ...

I am actually the pregnant sister, and I am dealing with my sister who changed her wedding to my "due date" ... I just dont understand why I would be the "bad sister" and be a horrible daughter ( expecting my mom to still be at the hospital ) ....

My question:
http://www.cafemom.com/answers/421838/Would_you_be_upset_too_accidently_closed_old_question

I am mad and hormonal...is why I am asking ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I answered your other question,,, I am on your side,, but don't think you should worry about what you cannot change! Your sister is going to do what her idiot fiance wants her to do,, and if you react bad about it,, he will get what he wants,, more distance between the 2 of you,,, I find it hard to believe that with 5 marriages between them anyone will show up... I know what it is like to be hormonal,, but for the well being of your baby in your tummy,, plus the kiddos you have at home,,just let it go and breathe,, I suspect you might not be PG when the next wedding comes,, LOL,, He is trying to take away from your day,, and the more you fret over this,, HE is getting what HE wants,,, the sweetest revenge would be to wish them well and smile and say sounds like your going to have more fun than I will be having,, Have you already made a deal out of this with her or not?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:54 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I didnt look at the other post but it seems like your sister is being selfish if she squeduled her wedding on the same day as your csection. I think you need your mom on that day more than your sister.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:55 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Be angry if you want but it won't change anything and it will just upset the baby. Is she worth that? If this is her third marriage then why would she expect people to attend? I had three and didn't expect anyone to go by my third time! Life and relationships is about compromise. Have mom be with you for the c section then while you are sleeping she can attend the reception or dinner or whatever to celebrate sis's nuptials. Find the good...at least this way you don't have to buy a wedding gift! Ok, all joking aside. I think what your sister did was a juvenile attempt to get attention on her instead of you. That was silly if you ask me but  we can't change other people but we can change how we react to their behavior. Don't let her bad behavior detract from you bringing a precious new life into the world.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I think your sister is the jerk. She KNEW when you were having a c-section, and it looks like she actually WANTS to cause conflict in the family. Have you discussed this with your mom? I'd totally be crying to my mom about this and how hurt you are that she would do this to you.
    Anonymous