Inky Binky Bonky...

Daddy had a donkey
Donkey died
daddy cried
Inky Binky Bonky.

LOL
Nice nursery rhyme. Do you realize that most of the original versions of nursery rhymes have some type of violence or adult concept associated with them?

What is one that you know of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes they stem from the old ways of educating your children when farming was the number one thing to do for families not school. There are rhymes that have history placed in them like London Bridges is about when their bridge failed with too much weight as a result of the city continuing building onto the london bridge it's self. I looked that one up when that rhyme came up one day when I was in Germany and my German friends were shocked and appalled us Americans could sing about such a thing. I looked it up to be able to tell them why we would have such a rhyme. That made me question Ring Around the Rosie, that one comes from mass illnesses that devestated the world. I asked those same Germans if they had rhymes with history in them, they said no. The only rhyme they knew of talked about women's underwear, I asked why, they didn't know. They taught me the rhym so that I could teach my children another country's rhyme.
    robertmommie

Answer by robertmommie at 1:30 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I didn't know the one about ring around the rosie. Now I'm going to spend the next hour looking up nursery rhymes and thier meanings on the internet,lol.
    Anonymous