I know it sounds silly - but it's true.... when I hear his voice......

I just lean in. I find myself leaning in, pressing the phone closer to my ear as if somehow I can feel his voice soothing my heart.

When your man's been gone for a while the sound of his voice is *almost* as good as his touch - especially when his voice is all you get.

LOL it's almost like that tiny vibration of the eardrum is waking up all those other nerve endings in your body and they're standing up screaming "Hey I know that voice!".

Silly, I know, but haven't you missed/loved someone that much?

ItsNotSoBad

Asked by ItsNotSoBad at 1:04 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah, when he was working out of town and would call at night, it didnt matter what my day had been like, it was all ok when i knew he was ok.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:08 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes it is possible I haven't experienced it but I can imagine what you are saying ;)
    So is he out of town or did you lose a loved one???
    Anonymous

• There is a study somewhere (I think I read it on aol) that a mother's voice is just as soothing as mother's hug... It's weird how one person can make the world seem so much better - I know looking at my children when I'm stressed relaxes me!
    C_Kight

Answer by C_Kight at 1:10 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I used to call SO's answering machine at work just to hear his voice. His voice calms me and recently I had a surgical procedure and was very anxious. He came by and immediately I calmed down. He's so in control of himself that it helps me calm down just by being in the room with him

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I'm talking about my husband.. He works a lot of hours (I mean like his average paycheck is 180 hours for 2 weeks) AND he works out of town,a lot. Apparently he affects me so much that he says when he kisses me when I'm asleep that I smile in my sleep. I know that when something is wrong all I need is to hear his voice and I just fall apart right then. Like last week I couldn't get hold of him one morning, not like he was busy, like I spent hours trying to get him, someone strange was answering his work phone and telling me I had the wrong number (even tho this guy admitted that he worked for the same company) I even called the office and talked to his Op Supe; they couldn't get him either, I was freaking out. When they finally tracked him down, he called me immediately, I just burst out bawling when I heard his voice. I save all his messages and even giggle when he says "I love you girl". I'm so in love & he knows it.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 1:20 PM on May. 26, 2010

• aww that is so awesome! enjoy! i have the same thing!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 1:23 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I know what you mean. My boyfriend is a truck driver, so we spend a lot of time apart and on the phone. His voice always makes my day better. Lucky for me....he'll be home tomorrow or Friday!! Woohoo!! lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:27 PM on May. 26, 2010