Thin Hair out???

my daughter has real thick hair much like myself but it tangles up real bad! i mean like it gets real close to her scalp bad! i was wondering if any of you laddies had any ideas or thoughts as to how i could thin her hair out some ( without cutting it!)
Thanks

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 1:20 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Without cutting I would wash and condition her hair and while she has the conditioner in her hair try to comb it out or brush then rinse and towel dry let it air dry slowly then comb/brush her hair again and make a braid you have to keep it under control especially if she has thick tangles. I know you said no cutting but sometimes you have to cut some to get it under control and it won't look cut it just won't be so out of control GL
    Anonymous

• how old is she? i have the thick hair issue too. My mom is a hair dresser so she just thins my hair out with a razor blade. The hair will stay the same length but will just be a lot thinner. It feels amazing and I can defiantly tell when I need my hair cut when it starts getting too thick again.
    Aleah_Hardiman

Answer by Aleah_Hardiman at 1:36 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I've had mine thinned with the thinning shears at the same time I had it cut. Also, we use suave detangler spray on mine and Kiwi's hair. It's amazing, and make the tangles seem to just disappear.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:42 PM on May. 26, 2010

• She is 6 years old! ive never heard of using a razor!
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 3:17 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Oh my gosh! thinning shears are another way of doing it. It's life changing I swear. She should be old enough by now to do my mom started thinning my hair around 8 but that's only cause before that I had to pretty much chop my hair off cause of head lice. I had super long hair. I would see if you could find a GOOD hair salon not some crappy 6 dollar hair cut place. Look up some salons near you and read the customer reviews online :]
    Aleah_Hardiman

Answer by Aleah_Hardiman at 4:24 PM on May. 26, 2010

• MY 8 YR OLD HAS REALLY THICK HAIR AND IS A TOMBOY SO BRAIDS AND PONYTAILS ARE OUT. I STILL WANT HER TO LOOK LIKE A GIRL THO AND SHE HAS HAIR TO THE MIDDLE OF HER BACK. WHAT I DO IS BUZZCUT ABOUT 1 INCH OF HAIR FROM UNDERNEATH AND I USE AN EXTRA MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER AND KIDS TANGLE SPRAY. SHE CAN PLAY HARD AND I CAN STILL BRUSH HER HAIR. SHE HAS BANGS AND HER HAIR IS LAYERED TOO.
    janellest

Answer by janellest at 3:05 AM on May. 27, 2010

• yea thats like my 6 yr old! she has long thinck hair about to the middle of her baack and has bangs! ive heard of using a razor? but does that really work?
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 12:12 PM on May. 27, 2010