does anyone know how to make potato salad.

I need to make that, for a gathering im unvited to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• BEST FOODS (HELLMAN'S) CLASSIC POTATO SALAD

1 cup BEST FOODS (Hellman's) Real Mayonnaise
    2 tbsp vinegar
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp pepper
    4 cups potatoes (5 to 6 medium), cooked, cubed, peeled
    1 cup sliced celery
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:31 PM on May. 26, 2010

• There are a lot of yummy potato salad recipes on the internet. Go to the food network and they have tons!!

Mine, I just boil some potatoes with skins on. Cool them and peel them. Cut them into smaller bite sized pieces
    Add hard boiled eggs and minced or diced onions to taste.
    Sometimes I add a little bit of chopped celery.
    Then the dressing is Miracle Whip salad dressing and a little bit of mustard.
    Onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
    That's It!

Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I make mine unlike anyone else.

I use mashed potatoes(prepared with the butter, milk, salt and pepper) still warm. I add some white vinegar, some yellow mustard, some onion, some dill pickle relish and some mayonnaise. I mix this and Viola'...potato salad.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:35 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I make it plain and simple you can add anything you want but me I peel potatoes like 7 ( family of 6) cut into chances let boil till somewhat soft (we are not making mashed potatoes here) Drain it I add some mayo n mustard salt n pepper. Oh while you are boiling the potatoes throw in like 4 eggs to boil after you drain everything take out the eggs leave the potatoes in the pot peel your eggs throw 'em with the potatoes and there rest of the ingredients I mentioned and start to mix and lightly smash you want to have little chances of potato n egg. I LOVE MY PLAIN POTATOE SALAD ;)
    Anonymous

• Peel potatoes cut them into bit size pieces boil until tender. poke with a fork when the fork goes in easy strain the water off. Boil eggs while potatoes are boiling. put eggs and water in pan bring to a boil. when it starts to boil time it for about 8-10 minutes. run cold water over eggs when they are done. peel, cut and add to bowl with potatoes. chop onion and add if you want them. (i don't use them) add mustard and hellmans mayo (best foods) and salt and pepper. stir and taste.
    ((if you want onion taste but not the onion crunch peel onion and cut in half and add to pan while potaoes are boiling. throw away when you strain)
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 1:39 PM on May. 26, 2010

• And, I use instant potatoes...LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• thanks to all. so much.that was so embarrassing for me to ask. but my inlaws told me it was very easy to make , but I never made one And I was embarrsassed to aask them.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 2:21 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I buy it. =]
    Anonymous

• Quarter and boil red skinned new potatoes until fork tender. Drain, put in a bowl add a bottle of Ranch dressing, sliced green onions (scallions) and bacon bits or crumbled bacon. Season with salt and pepper.

Or quarter russet potaotes, cook until tender. Drain. Add mayo, chopped onions, chopped hard boiled eggs, chopped celery, yellow mustard and salt and pepper.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:59 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Here is one for my fellow mayo-haters:

French Potato Salad

2 lbs (900 g) small red potatoes
    6 Tbs (90 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
    4 Tbs (60 ml) red or white wine vinegar
    1 shallot, finely chopped
    2 Tbs (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
    1 Tbs (15 ml) chopped fresh dill, mint, thyme, or tarragon
    1 Tbs (15 ml) Dijon mustard
    Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
    Drain, cut into slices, and place in a mixing bowl. Whisk together
    the remaining ingredients and pour over the potatoes, tossing gently
    to combine. Serve warm, chilled, or at room temperature

Answer by rkoloms at 5:05 PM on May. 26, 2010