James Carville lashes out on GMA; do you agree with him?

Carville, a Democrat who was former President Bill Clinton's campaign manager, aired his frustrations with President Barack Obama's administration for what he called their "lackadaisical" response to the BP oil spill.

"It just looks like [Obama is] not involved," he said on the morning news show, as his face turned red and his voice grew louder. "Man, you got to get down here and take control of this, put somebody in charge of this thing and get moving. We're about to die down here."

I think that Obama needs to start listening to SOMEONE. He is pissing off his own base TOO. Do you think this LACK of response id going to hurt him in the long run? His Katrina maybe?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 1:36 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Autumn, the tea party is bigger than your small town. Get used to that. They really do have an influence on politics. I would refer you to the elections in which Scott Brown won, Dede Scozzafava dropped out, Arlen Specter was defeated, just to name a few.

As to the oil spill, yes, this is Obama's Katrina. I don't think that it is so vital that he BE there, but he needs to be getting something done, approving proven methods to help keep the oil out of the marshes and wetlands, for one thing, would be a great start.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:05 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I dunno. He's BEEN down there already. Yeah, I suppose he should go again but I don't see that it will change anything.

At this moment, no mater what he does, I believe Mr. Obama will be a one term president. He doesn't need a Katrina. The TEA party movement is doing it already.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Carville has a point. The inspections weren't done that hopefully could have stopped this disaster. Now, Obama is letting BP handle everything, when it's obvious they were part of the problem in the first place.
    Anonymous

• We'll just have to wait and see about him being a one term President. In what way is the tea party doing it though? Here in my county, back a few weeks ago we had elections. Every single tax increase for for local libraries, schools, fire and police departments, public transportation etc,etc, that was asked for passed, despite every attempt by the local tea party to campaign against them.
    In regards to this oil spill, I'm at a loss as to how they built this thing and didn't have emergy plans for things like this to begin with. They knew it was something possible.
    AutumnLybbie

Answer by AutumnLybbie at 1:56 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Obama is busy trying to get Boxer reelected in CA.   Obama in SF for Boxer faces critics on spill

He is too busy trying to keep Democrat seats to work on real issues. 

Anonymous

• Ok, being conservative, this is going to sound really unlike me. Him going down to the Gulf isn't going to solve any problems. What, is he going to put on some galoshes and wade out and clean some pelicans? He isn't and never has been a hands on guy. He doesn't know how to make quick, effective decisions. He has a problem with making decisions at all. It's been what? A month? He is just now starting to feign concern and only because he knows that with the more time that passes the more lacking his response looks to everyone. Nobody needs the media to tell them that he isn't a good decision maker anymore. They see it with their own eyes and the pressure is getting to him. I hope to heck he is a one term president because in this dangerous world we live in, we need a decision maker and we need one mighty quick.

Anonymous

• Never cared for Carville, but he has a point. It appears the administration is dealing with everything else BUT the oil spill, but rather sitting back and letting BP handle it.

As for one-term President, Obama promised too much to too many. He can't deliver, and appears to be losing his way politically. Instead of traveling around the country trying desperately to keep his Democratic base, perhaps he should focus on JOBS, ECONOMY, IMMIGRATION, and all the MAJOR DISASTERS in Tenn. and the Gulf.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:12 PM on May. 26, 2010

• But mancos, he NEEDS those dems to keep their seats so that he can continue to put the screws to us. He doesn't care about those issues, he wants cap & tax to pass so bad he can taste it, but he can't do that without his dem base. He is looking out for himself, as usual. I *think* I might be able to hold out, barely, until we get another leader, one who will do what is required of a President in this country, one who will listen to the people a little bit better, and focus on the issues that really affect us instead of playing golf and apologizing for our arrogance.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:20 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, I mostly agree with Carville on this issue.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:32 PM on May. 26, 2010

•  

Anonymous