My SIL called me a bad mom since I dont feed my kids organic

We were at the grocery store and she picked up some organic stuff...and tried to put some in my cart too... and I was "nah, we dont eat that stuff " and laughed.... She got mad and was like " WHAT?!? ... you dont give the kids organic?" and I said no, they dont like and I am not paying extra money for things we wont eat....... she got mad, said I am a bad mom, not being fair to my kids....and LEFT ME IN THE STORE....

Next time I see her I think i am going to bring up the fact that she SMOKES... with her kids int he same room for her.... no amount of organic crap is going going to save their lungs...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tell her to stuff it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:44 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Oh yes,you are pure concentrated EVIL! Can you feel the sarcasm?! :P

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• ROTFL You are not a bad mom and how very rude to just leave you in the store like that. Oh I would definitely tell her how she's not being fair to her kids by making them inhale her second hand cancer stick smoke. You're right lung tissue can't be saved. Nor can damage be reversed. Glad you were able to let it roll...for now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• just make it a running joke about how you cant be a good mom without organic -- btw you can still be the best mom ever and never have touched an organic leaf... yeah sounds like she is rationalizing the smoking thing... she smokes indoors? that is nuts!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Wow, she really needs to get a life - and look @ herself before she cuts others down.

Btw. we don't eat organic either - unless its on sale....I think it's good food, I just also think the reg. foods are just fine :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 1:49 PM on May. 26, 2010

• "we don't eat that stuff"? Why wouldn't someone like organic? It tastes the same or better (strawberries) than regular produce. I agree smoking is much worse than not eating organic.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:52 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Well who does she think she is,, I am a really bad mom,, I let my kid stay up late once in awhile,, let him have pop once in awhie and let him have candy once in awhile,, I also sometimes forget to make him wear his bike helmet,, JEESH give me her number so I can get some tips on the perfect mom,, oh wait I have it 1-800-YUR-NUTS! She as bigger issues at hand! I wouldn't go anywhere with her,, What did you hubby say!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:55 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I think she was horribly rude and should look at her smoking before criticizing you. I'm not sold on how great organic is either. You were nicer than a lot of moms would have been in the same situation. Good for you for being the bigger person.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:56 PM on May. 26, 2010

• gaill -- we just dont like... * to us* it tastes badly ..
    Anonymous

• Ps--YOU can buy organic ciggarettes! I just looked it up!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:02 PM on May. 26, 2010