can't sleep any suggestions???

I'm soooo soooo tired all the time. I can't sleep at night ever since I was about 5 wks pregnant I do nothing but toss and turn all night wake up every 30 minutes to an hour I just don't understand it. Before I was pregnant I may wake up once maybe twice. When I was pregnant with my first I didn't toss and turn like this or at least I don't remember tossing and turning like this. This is my second pregnancy and I'm soo sooo sleepy. I just can't sleep I'm not wide awake when I wake up I just can't get comfortable I'm 14 wks now any suggestions please I don't do anything but switch from my left side to my right side all night I just don't understand. Please please anyone have any reasons why or what I can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had pregnancy insomnia as well. I'd fall asleep really well -- like as soon as my head hit the pillow -- but then I'd wake up anywhere from 15 minutest to an hour later and not be able to get back to sleep for HOURS. I also had crazy skin itching (no rash). I tried getting good exercise in the morning, moving around all day, cup of warm milk or herbal tea before bed, bath... but again, I fell right to sleep,... just couldn't stay asleep. I finally got a prescription for Ambien. I didn't use it for too long, though, because I didn't feel right about it even though my midwife said it was safe. It did work, though. I think I only took a half a pill a night for a couple of weeks while it was really bad.
    Anonymous

• Get one of thos long pillow and put it behind you and lay in it. So you are not compleatly on your side or back

Answer by louise2 at 2:06 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My DR said it was ok to take 1 bennadryl before bed, it also helped with the itching if u have that problem.
    SavannasMommy09

Answer by SavannasMommy09 at 6:05 PM on May. 26, 2010