What do other parents do when stressed out from family situations, like kids not behaving to spouse? Please help!!!

Ok well i have 4 BOYS and a husband so i am the only female in the house but im at my breaking point already.... i just want to run away a not come back !!!! I constantly have to deal with the fighting, the not listening, now wanting to help, lack of me time, my husband and i always arguing about one thing or another! I love my family but im at the point of where i cant take this daily routine anymore. I just want one good of listening and less fighting and uh i dont know if im just over reacting but if anyone has any tips on how to make life more managable please let me know thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have no clue. I have a 2 1/2 year old who does not listen, two great stepsons and their dad! The one who gives me the most problems..You guessed it their daddy!!!! I would just take a moment and tell your husband he must watch the kids for 2 hours and go out and do something nice for yourself!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 2:45 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I know, here it's unpractical to have to meet eye to eye, never ever EVER happens!!!!!!!!!!! And it's always at my expense. Emotions never stop. WE aren't like auto pilot, or robots. ! MEN are typical with having to just have it their way. So if you are making any waves in your arena or the ball is looking like it's hitting your court, they'll kick it back 3X harder. I destress by sleeping it off, and regular diet. I don't shortcut, because if you are female, the body can't resupply old stress levels to a norm level without resting, and regular diet. You aren't the problem it's just that all those things can't be solved if some strict rules aren't put in place, like not eating right, and rest. The rest of the problem is created when you take it to heart. If you can...... get a place to walk by yourself, go to a library with no one around you, and think about what it's like to get a quiet moment.
    GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous

• when you find out let me know. I had plans to go home and sit in the sun for 20 minutes on my lunch break and instead i went home to chaos and was so annoyed when I got back to work! I just feel like I get more annoyed when I have expectations and then when it doesnt happen i get disappointed.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:08 PM on May. 26, 2010