What if my HR department doesn't file a FMLA form for me?

My HR lady doesn't like me very much. I leave this Friday for me Family Leave (the 4 weeks before you're due & then I get 6 weeks after she is due where I'm actually paid). She has known since last Monday & she isn't answering me when I ask if she has filed it or when she is going to. I have a feeling she is going to screw me over. So if she doesn't do it, does that mean I can't get my job back when my maternity leave is up?

MamaBranson20

Asked by MamaBranson20 at 2:34 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I basically find it illegal for her to do that to you especially if that is one of the benefits that the company offers you, do you have a boss or supervisor that can get involved, its better to make someone else aware of the situation before its too late....get someone else involved but make sure its a superior and try to get it done that way, or complain to the HR persons boss, everyone has a boss or someone else above them that you can go to for these kind of problems...Good Luck!!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 2:43 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Submit your request in writing, by certified mail, to her attention. Keep a copy for yourself.

If she doesn't submit it, they will pay a lot more than just your salary for 6wks!
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:38 PM on May. 26, 2010