WM's, do your DH/SO help you with the children/housework?

I am a SAHM (and I work part time), but I am responsible for my son 24/7, and the household, which includes picking up after my DH. I do not get a break from caring for my son unless I beg plead or argue my case (every month). Is is the same for WM? Or does your DH/SO help you?

I am not complainig, I am just curious so please no bashing, bad mouthing or mean comments.

PotterMom218

Asked by PotterMom218 at 2:50 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband does nothing to help. He plays with the kids a lot, but does no laundry, cooking, cleaning of any kind.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:52 PM on May. 26, 2010

• yes, it is an expectation in my house. we both work full time, so we have very little time to get things done, it takes us both to keep our house running
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:51 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yup! I work and he's a SAHD, so he does almost all the domestic work. I usually make dinner, and in the evenings I take over with the kids, but during the day, it's all him. It works really well for us.
    Anonymous

• Yes!! I have to draw him a map of what I want done but he will do it!! My SO is a SAHD right now and he puts DD on the bus in the mornings, gets her off the bus in the afternoon and homework is done before I get home from work. Dishes are done and anything else I want done he has done by the time I get home. The only I won't let him do (for our safety and his) is cook dinner LOL unless it's Mac n' cheese, Ramen noodles or can be microwaved LOL. I love SO but he hasn't mastered cooking just yet.
    Anonymous

• Yes and no. He was brought up by mommy and grammy taking complete care of him, so he's pretty clueless, and cannot mop a floor to save his life. I also do not allow him in the kitchen - we'd die if we had to eat his cooking! LOL.
    I'm pretty OCD about how clean the house is. The majority of the time he just has to keep the kids entertained while I'm cleaning.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:00 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My husband helps, but I still do more. He helps get the little ones ready in the mornings while I get ready for work. At least once or twice a week he'll have dinner going before the kids and I get home (he works from home). He occasionally does a load of his own laundry, but doesn't touch mine or the kids. He sweeps and occasionally mops the kitchen. Also, he pays a cleaning lady to come by every two weeks to do all the floors and the bathrooms.

Anonymous

• I don't get much help!
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:51 PM on May. 26, 2010