Dating someone who's married to an immigrant for money?

I'm probably going to get bashed for this but I can't help who I like. I'm dating someone who's married to a woman who immigrated here and was about to get deported. She has a boyfriend but he's an immigrant so that was a no go. He knew these people before and the money is just part of it he wanted to help them out. This is definitely a big strain on our relationship because we can't be out in the open, I'm just not sure what to expect from this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• How long have they been married? How long do they have to stay married?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:10 PM on May. 26, 2010

• They've been married since the end of january and theyre going through her green card process. It all depends on how long it takes for her to get everything she needs but he can move out soon he just hasn't found a place yet. Once they can file for separation I think it'll be better.
    Anonymous

• It is nice that he helped them I guess. Maybe it means he is compassionate. I'm sure it is hard but if he has already stcuk it out this long hten I guess you should be supportive. That is a really wierd situation! Good luck!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:16 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Breaking the law happens everyday to some people.....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:17 PM on May. 26, 2010

• What should you expect? You should expect to get screwed over eventually, because this person has a very swingy moral compass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on May. 27, 2010

• How is he a swingy moral compass? i know not everyone believes in allowing more immigrants into the country but he's trying to help out someone who wants a better life than what she had in Africa. Neither he or I have any experience with this so we're not exactly sure what the process is or how long it takes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Why does he have a "swingy moral compass"? Because it's illegal to do what they're doing, that's why.
    Anonymous

• These kinds of things happen all the time. People are desperate to get out of their country. Most of us come from immigrants!
    Anonymous