OMG...I think we have a mouse!

Im soo grossed out right now. I was cleaning out my cookbook drawer & found what Im pretty sure are mouse turds on the cookbooks! (havent beenin that drawer for about 4 months) EEEEWW! WTF do I do to get rid of this thing!? Does it mean we have more then one? or could it just be one?
I cant do poisons I have a 3 year old & a 5 1/2 month old. I dont know if leaving a trap in the drawer is a good idea.........my 3 year old could get into it. (She hasnt before, but itd be just my luck)
what do i do!!! Its soo gross, they are soo unsanitary!

Please dont bash me we are clean people!

MelaniesMama

Asked by MelaniesMama at 3:19 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• get a humane trap and put it in the drawer. it wont hurt your kids it will just trap it in a little box and you can get rid of it or just throw it outside
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:20 PM on May. 26, 2010

• YEAH WHAT SHE SAID ;)
    Anonymous

• Yuck...I'd do the mouse bait in places where your kiddos can't reach. It doesn't have to be in the place that you found the droppings. For example, put it in a high cupboard or in the back of a pantry, behind a closed door where your kids can't acess it! Check traps every couple days and as for the bait, just hope they bite! lol
    You don't have to be a dirty person to get any pest...all they come after is the food! :)
    Hope you get rid of him/her....THEM quick! xoxox
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:22 PM on May. 26, 2010

• trust me, it's no big deal. i'm one of the cleanest people you will ever meet, but i've still had mice. we live in the country, so there's really no way to avoid it. the best way to get rid of them (yes you most likely have more than one) is the snap traps. glue traps work well also, but i won't use them because they are so inhumane. definitely don't use poison. not only is it a danger to your children and pets, but you will have dead, rotting mice in your walls. not a pleasant smell. GL

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:23 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yeah, definitely don't so poison, it will die in your wall and stink for weeks. Use a trap at night when your kids are sleeping.
    Anonymous

• put a trap under your sink ..if you trap one get another trap because if you have one you probably have more
    Anonymous

• best mommyeber-we live in thecountry also. We had mice when we first moved into our house, but it had been vacant for a while, and we laid traps out..but that was before my 3 year old was mobile.
    Thanks for the replies ladies!
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 3:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• The poison actually has a chemical in it to keep them from smelling BTW.....But, it isn't safe around kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Hahaha dont worry youre not the only one, my house is very clean as well and we live in a rural country area and we just saw a mouse yesterday. We use the mouse traps that snap, and usually set the traps at night, since the kids are sleeping. Mice tend to come out only at night when its dark and quiet. and they have bad eyesight so they run along side the walls, when you set up traps use peanut butter. If you use mice posion the mouse will eventually leave and die somewhere else and possibly in your home, and will rot and that will stink. when you set your traps cover all the holes in your house and remember to hide away any exposed food. GOOD LUCK!!!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 4:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• navajomama07-i dont think we have any holes? besides doors/windows
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 7:40 PM on May. 26, 2010