Trying to stay positive

I had a miscarriage when I was 19 yrs old and I am now 26 (married-not that it matters) and I have been off my bcontrol since Oct 08. We just found out that I am pregnant about 3 weeks ago-so I am now 9 weeks. Everything seems to be going well-just had an ultrasound where I got to hear the heartbeat fora second but I am so scared that something bad is going to happen because of the miscarriage before. I feel like that one happened for a reason but me and my husband would be devastated if it happened now. Has anybody else felt like this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you story sound just like mine!!!! I had a mc at 19 and then got pregnant when I was 22 and was scared to death the whole pregnancy and he turned out just fine! :) I am 27 know and 30 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child and it still scares me about the mc I had I don't think that will ever go away... Just keep saying every pregnancy is different and this one will be fine! Don't worry about mc-ing again because you can't stop it if it does happen just enjoy the fact that you are pregnant and that this one should be fine! gl and congrats! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 3:44 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I'm with you. I had a miscarriage in January and I'm JUST STARTING to be cautiously positive as I think I'm feeling some flutters...but it's so scary. It's so hard to lose a pregnancy. Hang in there. Once you start feeling kicks, you'll feel better. I'm sure you'll be fine. Having one miscarriage does not increase your chances for another. I've read, and my doctor told me, that they believe that 50% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage - most before the mother even finds out she's pregnant (just thinks it's a late period). I tell myself worrying doesn't change anything, so I might as well get excited. I also follow Jesus - so I pray that he will help me trust him. Good luck to you.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 4:05 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I did not feel comfortable until my 20 week ultrasound and could see for myself that everything was fine! I had two normal pregnancies than back to back miscarriages so I was so detatched....but it made the last 20 weeks fly by. Good luck to you and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:24 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I lost a baby at 29 weeks and 3 days, it was hard and tragic but we have two healthy kids. We had one before the stillbirth and one after, so i know ho scary pregnancy can be. Just hang in there and take it one day at a time, each test that comes out fine and each ultrasound is another step!! Have faith.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:29 PM on May. 26, 2010