what are some yummy easy recipes to make for memorial day?

gfam6

Asked by gfam6 at 3:33 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You want a dessert or a main dish?
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:39 PM on May. 26, 2010

• umm dessert lol
    gfam6

Answer by gfam6 at 3:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• This is my gramma's recipe and my absolute favorite dessert ... Orange Delight

Crust
    Crush 1 sleeve Ritz (don't use generic, it isn't as good)
    1 stick melted butter
    1/4 c sugar
    Mix these together and put on bottom of 9x13 casserole dish

Filling
    6 oz of orange juice concentrate, thawed
    1 can of condensed milk
    8 oz Cool Whip (use real Cool Whip, generic stuff never holds the fluff)
    1 large can of mandarin oranges, drained
    Mix OJ and condensed milk with a spatula. Then fold in cool whip. Add oranges. You can add all the oranges or save half to lay on top. Do not beat this mix with mixers. Pour over crust and either refrigerate or freeze.

Next time I make this I am going to try to mix it up a bit. Maybe use a pineapple juice with pineapples. But this has always went over well where ever I have taken it. It is very sweet and delicious!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:55 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Throw sliced pineapple on the grill

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on May. 26, 2010

• we're going to a cookout and there's two things I'm taking - a dessert and an appetizer. The dessert is called Pink Dessert - all it has is one tub coolwhip, one can cherry pie filling, one can crushed pineapple (drained), crushed walnuts, mini marshmallows, maybe some sliced banana - I inhaled that stuff as a kid!
    The appetizers are something I thought of but didn't try before, so of course I'm gonna test it out on my drunk friends - skewers of turkey meatballs, pineapple chunks, and a marashino cherry on the end, I'm cooking the turkey meatballs first, then skewering the whole shebang and grilling it over charcoal with sweet and sour or maybe BBQ sauce. just 2 meatballs, 2 pineapple chunks, and 1 cherry on each (small skewers).
    I'll get everything at aldi's for like ten bucks for both dishes :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:30 AM on May. 27, 2010

• wow yummy ideas i may try them both lol
    gfam6

Answer by gfam6 at 10:03 AM on May. 27, 2010