TMI- But how to tell the diff. from girly sweat or water leaking

I am 37 weeks preg. and today its really really hot!!! My undies have been damp all day, its not like rushing out of me, but I am deff. wet. With my son I was due in the winter and knew that it was my water leaking(it never broke all the way, just had a small leak).... So how do you tell the diff???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Smell it. That sounds weird, I know, but it works. If it smells funky (not sweat-like or musty, but more like a bathroom cleanser), then it's amniotic fluid.
    Anonymous

• walk around without your panties on for a while so you can tell what the flow of the fluid is like. if it drips down your leg then it's probably your water. if the fluid just builds up in your creases, it's sweat.
    Anonymous

• Also if you are worried your doctor can do a paper test to find out. Most have it available in their office. Put a panty liner on and see too. If it still builds up on the sides of your underwear it is sweat but if it is on the pantyliner probably fluid.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 4:29 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I agree with all the methods. Smell it. Amnion has a smell like no sweat you would have ever smelt. Its funky..lol...
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:48 PM on May. 26, 2010