Another ? for Vegetarians!

We switched to a vegetarian diet a few months ago. Vegetarian not vegan. And I feel like cr*p. I wondered if there was a sort of detox period.

I just want to sleep. I am moody. And very much a I don't care attitude.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You need to make sure you are getting enough protien and iron - lack of those 2 things can make you feel really tired and lacking in energy.

Well rounded vegetarian diets include just as much protein and iron as a meat-eaters diet - just make sure you are choosing the right foods, do an internet search for protein and iron rich foods.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:01 PM on May. 26, 2010

• How are you structuring meals? Are you a twinkie and potato chip vegetarian?

There is definitely a detox period, though. Drink lots of water, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, make sure that all grain based foods are made with whole grains, eat legumes.

Send me a message offlist if you would like some recipes, or if you have questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• OP here: We are weaning off of processed foods ;)

Water or green tea to drink lots of fruits and some veggies. Black beans have become popular here. And Ezekiel for bread. any pastas or rice is whole wheat.
    Anonymous