How long do you keep your left overs?

LisaG777

Asked by LisaG777 at 3:58 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It depends what and where. Cooked rice in the freezer; at least a month. Cooked lasagna in the refrigerator; four days.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Leftovers in the fridge don't usually stick around for more than a day or two here, I don't know why, but I get so icked out by old leftovers... it obviously depends on what it is, for example, if I make a vegetarian couscous salad with no dairy in it, I'll keep that longer, but any meat or dairy based salad, etc. gets the boot after a day or two.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:44 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I try not to have leftovers. I don't like eating leftovers except for a few select dishes. However, when there are leftovers they don't last more then 2-4 days.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:08 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Depends on what it is. Nothing stays past 3 days.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Not at all... I used to try to keep them, convinced it would save us money, but all it did was create LOTS of science projects in the fridge...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:00 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Depends what it is. Some things will be gone in a day or two. Some things DH and I will eat a week later - but not longer than that. Haven't gotten sick yet!
    Anonymous