What am I going to do if it's.....positive?!?!?

So I looked at my calendar today and since I've been really busy I didn't notice that I'm over a week late for my period (I think, hopefully I just wrote it down wrong, but I really can't remember). I plan on getting a pregnancy test this evening. This would be our second child and it would be the worst timing in the world if I am pregnant! Just wanted to know if anyone had a second child at a bad time, and if I am pregnant, how am I going to make it in this time in my life with a three year old and a baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• deep breath..dont stress til you know if you are pregnant or not. Several things could cause you to be late.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:05 PM on May. 26, 2010

• We're dealing with an "oops" right now and buying a test tonight too!

Also worst timing EVER, have a 4 and 5 yr old and I am having my 2nd knee replacement surgery in September. Carrying around a baby would put me back on morphine for sure

However, we're secretly excited since everything happens for a reason

good luck, stay strong
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:06 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If your test comes out positive you willl learn to deal and things will be ok, it is tough having two little ones but nothing that a multy tasking woman can't do. Babies do not know about bad timing and they are a blessing no matter how hard the situation, don't stress over if, if you are pregnant so be it and if not rejoice, and be more careful next time!

Answer by older at 4:14 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If you are pregnant,it will be fine. I had three kids between Oct 1967 and Juy 1971. My DH was often away --he was in the Air Force. My second child was born a few months after he went to SE Asia and my Mom took me to the hospital. I was a "single parent" LOL but married ,for so many years BUT I got throught it all in good shape and my kids are wonderful. You can manage with 2 kids. No problem. Just stay positive and stay calm. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:21 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If I had waited until it was a good time to have kids, I'd still be waiting. I got pregnant the 1st time, I lost my job and DH was cut to part time hours. 2nd time I was bed ridden with a 1 yr old, and DH worked 2 full time jobs PLUS cooked, did the grocery and laundry and any pedi visits and had to outfit the nursery for me.
    Anonymous

• You'll figure it out. It takes 9, almost 10 months to grow the baby. In the mean time, you will figure out how to incorporate one more into your life.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:42 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You never know when a good time is going to come along. This might end up being a great time to have a child. If it's not, then you deal with it as it comes. I ended up pg at a horrible time and it was very stressful. DH's work was very stressful and demanding and so was our 2 year old. He ended up taking another job a month after the baby was born and we lived apart for 5 of her first 6 months, until I could join him after selling our house. You get through things because our sacrifices right now are to make a better life in our futures. You will love this child just like you love your 3 year old. It will be fine. Take a deep breathe and take the test.

Anonymous

• First of all, take the test to find out if you have something to worry about or not. If it's positive, you'll probably be shocked... and gradually you'll get used to the idea.

My third was an oops- dh really did not want another child, I wanted to leave a BIG gap (four or five years) between two and three. I ended up finding out I was pg a couple of months before my second turned two. I was not thrilled. However, once the shock wore off I was able to be excited... now that my 'oops' baby is 3.5 years old I can't imagine our family without her. You'll make it work, and one day you won't be able to picture your life without that child in it.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:08 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You want bad timing? I had my tubes tied in 1991 and my sons are 18, 19, 22 and 23. My younger 2 graduate tomorrow from high school, 1 starts college in Aug. and the other is off to basic training in July and the older 2 are long on their own. We, obviously, though we were done with raising children. WRONG. baby #5 is due in Jan. & by then my sons will be 19, 20, 23 and 24. Oh...and I'll be 44 in March and hubby will be 45 in April. THAT is bad timing. But, what CAN we do???
    Anonymous