Why do I feel like I'm worthless and have no reason for living?

I have 2 boys a 6 year old and a 14 month old but I still feel I'm worthless and have no friends(I don't have any real close friends; just aquainties)

Asked by Autumnlover68 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• This can be a classic symptom of depression, either Post Partum or the old fashioned to a help care provider about your feelings

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It does sound like some form of depression. Whether its post partum or just depression. Seek medical advice. Try doing a search on CM for a local playdate group

Answer by NoUdderMilk at 8:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Sounds like you are depressed...try to see your doc asap...good luck |!

Answer by roseisme at 8:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It sounds to me like there are underlying problems, Depression maybe

Answer by CookieMama at 8:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• ummmmm wheres hubby if i was at home with 2 kids that needed my COnSTANT attention and have aliented myself from the world i would feel lonely too,,,WOMAN take care of u first until then u CANT take care of aybody else Do things ur God gifted talent gave you and the rest will follow

Answer by idontloveuenuf at 8:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• you sound a lot like me. You have got to make an appointment with your health care provider. Don't be embarassed.... just do it. I started seeing mine in November for post partum depression and my son is 20 months old. I denied it for a long time. Please go and see someone.

Answer by pipandmijosmom at 10:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I know how you feel hun I am a sthm of 3 girls my husband doesn't get home until 6 and i live in a tiny town with no friends... it gets depressing.. i am on zoloft i would talk to your doc about going on it.. it really does help!

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• def depression. i would get on some meds and while you wait for them to get in your system.... do yoga, mediatate, take up walking, read, listen to classical music, go get a massage or get a break from the kids. also sit down and make a list of "blessings" you have lots to be thankfl for and to live for sit down and write them down.. all of them! pray, pray, pray and rebuke those bad thoughts!

Answer by hendrickson at 1:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008