How old were your kids when you first took them on vacation??

How old were your kids when you first took them on vacation?? One where you drove atleast 6 hours.

hperkins06

Asked by hperkins06 at 4:12 PM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• well, we are flying, but DS will be 5 in november when we go on our first family vacation to disney
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:13 PM on May. 26, 2010

• shhot my kids are 5 years, 2.5 years and DH and I been together over 10 years and married almost 7 of those years and we have yet to take a vacation not even a honeymoon lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:13 PM on May. 26, 2010

• 4 months old. We drove 9 hours. He was great..we stopped every so often.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:23 PM on May. 26, 2010

• When my son was 6 months, we flew to California (from TX) for my sister's wedding. We were there for a week, but my entire extended family was there as well, so it was pretty easy.

Last year, when he was 18 months, my DH and I flew to SC for a week. He did great!

We're doing the same trip this year (to SC), but we're driving instead of flying. Considering the fact I'll be 7 months pregnant, we'll see how smoothly an over 20 hour drive goes with a 2 1/2 year old.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:25 PM on May. 26, 2010

• When DS 6 weeks old we took a 7 hour road trip to the UP and went camping for a week. We had a great time.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:28 PM on May. 26, 2010

• They were small infants. It was integrated as part of our family and we did it. No big deal. Just make scheduled stops. Find a park for a picnic and a chance to run around a little bit... or travel at night so they sleep.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:29 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My daughter was 5 months od when we drove from California toMinnesota. She was so good. She just looked around or slept. When she was 2 months old, she and I flew from California to MN and she was a little fussy when we were landing but the Binky saved the day. :-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:33 PM on May. 26, 2010

• We took an 11 hour road trip down when she was 2 months old. She did great the first 8 hours, but the last 3 were really rough. She was cranky the rest of the trip and I think she was having a hard time recovering from the long drive.
    Chloesmama10

Answer by Chloesmama10 at 4:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• my daughter was 1 week old and we drove to vegas lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 4:50 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I don't count a two hour trip to my parent's house as a vacation, though it's nice to visit them. However, the real vacation that I took with my parents and kids was to Arizona from Michigan. That's a 3-4 day drive depending on what route you take. My son was a year and my daughter was four months old. So that trip was 4 days to Arizona, 4-5 days in Arizona, and then 4-5 days back. It would've been 3 days back, but my parent's van decided that it wasn't going any further then Oklahoma, so we had to get a ride back from my brother.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:00 PM on May. 26, 2010