Adult Step Daughter Driving me nuts.

How do you deal with a spoiled step child when they are already adults? Mine is staying with us for another 6 days and I swear she is making me crazy. All she does is talk down to me about how I raise my children, complain about needing to leave the house (after already have gone places that day), and is always wanting to eat fast food that we are paying for even though our fridge is full of food not only to make normal meals, but left overs as well from trying to cook for her and her toddler. I am about to lose it. Is it bad to beg my boss for a few hours while she here? I work staffing for a medical company and took the week off and am starting to regret it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Your husband needs to deal with this.not that he will.I'd lie and tell her work called and you have to go in for the rest of the week.And then just go hang out somewhere all day.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:07 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Go ahead and see if you can get out of there and get some hours in your job! It will keep you sane! What does your dh say?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:00 PM on May. 26, 2010

• That she is spoiled but there is nothing we can do about it now. He wants to keep her half way happy so that she will come back again and he can see the baby. So he is just grit your teeth and get through it kind of right now.

Enjoy the baby while we can I guess.
    Anonymous

• You go back to work. Next time send him to her place.
    Anonymous

• Yep I'd go back to work until she's gone

Answer by admckenzie at 4:42 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Tell your husband to tell her to either treat you with respect ot she's out of there. She should know better then that spoiled or not. for heavens sake she is an adult with a child, not a 16 year old. Dloesn't she work I mean she's got a child. Why is she therre all the time. ? In the mean time try to keep yourself busy so you don't have to see her all the time.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:27 AM on Jun. 3, 2010

• She was here for a visit and no she does not work she lives with her mother and the father of her child gives her large amounts of money. I know mothers that don't get that much for 3 kids. I worked or snuck my kids to the park and the zoo for at least 4 hours a day for the last few days she was here. I love her and her kid but it is easier to love them when they are a bit farther away.

Anonymous