what are your ideas to cap the oil pipe in the ocean floor.???

I thought of that cement idea that is supposed to be happening soon, they have the approval, and it sounds awesome that they would do that.

Cementing the top off and down some of the sides could work, but the oil is going to mix with the cement and usually that isn't going to hold with other oily material mixing.

It seems that all the problems are going to be lost in the maybes and the quick band aids.
Band aids are great when the right sizes are used, so if it's a big bleed on a cut, a tourniquet is applied, they always say to cut it off at the most vulnerable flow source. In this case, if they take the source away from the cut, and reverse the flow, like vacumn it the opposite way, and out but cap it with another cap while it's vaccumned away then it will be able to be capped at the point when the flow stops long enough, Like shutting of the heart to put in a new heart and redirecting the blood until the new heart

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• is secured and sewn back in its proper area.
    Anonymous

• I would not even begin to assume I could figure it out when scientists are having a hard time figuring it out as it is. Anythin gI said would be pure speculation
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Thats what I was thinking ^.

How are our ideas supposed to be better than all those engineers, we have no idea what kind of pressure in coming out from there, and the conditions the pipes are in. Seriously there is nothing we can do besides wait for BP to fix it.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 6:04 PM on May. 26, 2010

• is coming*
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 6:05 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I wonder how they can come up with anything when they have to stop every ten minutes for someone to ask them what they've come up with.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:24 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I suppose they could just drop a small bomb down the pipes or whatever and blow the darn thing up....let the earth and rock that would result plug it.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:48 PM on May. 26, 2010

I doubt the Talking heads who address the media are the same scientists and researchers who are devising the plan or the workers who will actually implement those plans. With 80,000 employees at present, I'm sure they can research, devise plans, work at fixing problems and interface with the media, all at the same time.

Anonymous

• I think they should plug the leak with BP executives!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:19 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I doubt the Talking heads who address the media are the same scientists and researchers who are devising the plan or the workers who will actually implement those plans. With 80,000 employees at present, I'm sure they can research, devise plans, work at fixing problems and interface with the media, all at the same time.

Theoretically. But what is more likely is that half the research people are sitting in hours and hours of meetings with management people trying to explain what they're trying to do so the management people can mis-translate it to the PR people, and like a giant game of telephone, they will butcher it again. Then there is media outcry, so the PR people whine to the management people, and the management people drag half the research people away from their work for another 20 hrs of meetings to explain it all again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:29 PM on May. 26, 2010

• How in the world are we on CM supposed to know?

I think the best bet is prayer at this point.
    Anonymous