Will you discuss this aspect of sex with your teen?

Will you talk to your teen about 'sex toys',masturbation and mutual masturbation a an alternative to sex. I plan to when my children are around 14 or 15.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Sure. It's an easy way to let them know there are ways to "experiment" without running the risk of STDs and pregnancy.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:17 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Mine knows all that stuff. He was 10 or 11. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:09 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:13 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I absolutely will talk to my boys about everything possible, daddy will I'm sure have even more in depth discussions with them. education is key to EVERYTHING. There is nothing wrong with them knowing facts. And I don't think we'll wait that long. Kids are having sex earlier and earlier nowadays....when the boys want to know and we can talk, whether it's 7, 8 or 12 we will be there for them
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 5:18 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Of course. We don't hide any aspects of sex from our kids. My son is at an age right now where he is "discovering" and I'm trying to teach him that it's okay, but he needs to go in his room for that, and not at the kitchen table... But as they grow, we will not be hiding any thing from them. I don't know that I would present things like that as an alternative, but I do want them to know the options are there...

I grew up in a home where masturbation was a SIN, just as much as sex was... And when we were caught we were greatly punished... toys were definitely not a part of the "sex talk" which I didn't get til well after I started having sex. And because of that I honestly resorted to other "alternatives" and did some things that could have caused real damage... I know what it's like to grow up in a home with no options and won't be doing that to my kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:23 PM on May. 26, 2010

• No I would not teach my kids about those things....that seems very strange to me actually. If my child asked me about it, I would talk to him, but I would not suggest sex toys and mutual masturbation to my child. It seems....really strange to me.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:43 PM on May. 26, 2010

• That is gross to me. Like child porn, pedophilia, incest. Oprah thinks it's cool though!! It wont be an alternative it will just make them wonder what the real thing is like.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes. It gives them more options than sex, and is safer. It's better than NOT giving them the facts and making them feel bad, strange, or gross if they think of it on their own.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:01 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I will be and am teaching my son the purpose for sex, its' place in marriage, and what a blessing it is when reserved for marriage, a uniting of 2 into 1! We openly discuss things and I openly tell him the grand design of sex within marriage and how important this is. I would not punish my son for masturbation and would explain what this is but "teaching" mutual masturbation and sex-toy use as an alternative to waiting for marriage, absolutely not. I wonder if you plan on teaching your child anything other than this as you did not mention anything else?
    antivaccinemom

Answer by antivaccinemom at 11:25 PM on May. 26, 2010