Have you ever had your hair thinned?

My hair is very coarse, thick and wavy. I wanted to loose some bulk and I really want to get my layers cut off because is causes my hair to be even more wavier. I would like it one length and thinned out. Which one would be best for thinning, thinning scissors or using a razor? I have heard the razor is best.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My hair is VERY VERY thick..and it gros fast... when I get my hair done I get it thinned with "thinning scissors"
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:24 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Thinning scissors.....the razor does damage.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:26 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Thinning scissors are best... I have had both done to my hair, which sounds to be a lot like yours. a razor does a lot of damage to your hair and can make things look "choppy" when it's done... Plus most will only use a razor for short styles.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:28 PM on May. 26, 2010

• yes I have vey thick hair so whenever I get my hair cut I always get it layered and thinned out. I get it done with thinning scissors
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:28 PM on May. 26, 2010

• DONT DO IT!!!! Lol, I bleached and dyed my hair every 3 months for about 8 years and my hair is sooooo thin from falling out, i wish I had thick hair!!
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 5:29 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I've never done it. One of my friends in HS had it done and her hair looked so ridiculous. Between that and the blond streaks she looked like a senior citizen.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:00 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I have crazy thick, curly hair and I used to have it thinned. Time and time again it ended up looking like crap so I just deal with the bulk now. I wouldn't do it if I were you.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:26 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I agree with thinning scissors. I have to have my hair thinned every time I get it cut. HOWEVER, make sure whoever you have do it knows how to thin out hair properly. I have had this done for year and had a gc to a salon so I saw a different girl and she thinned my hair out so much it took almost a year to get it to grow back normally, it was really dry and gross.
    Anonymous

• I've had my hair thinned dozens of times. The thinning scissors are best. One person (grrrrrr) used a razor and cut chunks out of my hair to make it thinner. I wanted to strangle her. I did complain to her manager. Definitely make sure she knows what she's doing or she will butcher your hair.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:18 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I did it years ago because I had thick long hair and am always hot. Now I have the thinnest hair and I really miss my thick hair. Good luck
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 8:42 PM on May. 26, 2010