The older your children get, do you find yourself rethinking the way you thought you would raise them?

Because its not as easy as you thought it was going to be and found out the big suprise you were in for the older they got?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Oh yeah, I remember when my teens were young and I thought it would be "my" way, and that I would not stand for X, Y, and Z. Then you wake up one day and realize that it doesn't always happen the way you thought it would, you learn that they have opinion and ideas that are all there own, most important though is that I have learned to compromise and really decide which things are a must for me and which things I am willing to be more flexible about.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:00 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I am already noticing changes I need to make based on their behaviors and they are only 4 and 5. I was told to read "love and logic books." they are all checked out at the library right now but that is my next project to tackle lol.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:27 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, like anything else, you learn as you go. It's a lot easier to know everything about how children should be parented when you don't actually have to parent any children! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:53 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, but then I didn't expect to have a child who would be spending half of his life in & out of hospitals either. Life changes & throws you curve balls and you just have to go with it or go crazy.
    Anonymous