I think I developed a rash on my body, its all over and itches like no other, I am wondering if anyone knows what it is?

The rash is really itchy, I have scratched it so hard it bleeds and I asked my OBGYN about it and she had no idea. She suggested Benedryl, but Im hesitant to ingest something especially when I'm so close to my due date. I'm 40 weeks and 1 day.
Any suggestions would be welcome as this thing is driving me crazy. I know that its not bugs or fleas b/c my son and husband aren't experiencing any of the symptoms plus we have an exterminator come in regularly (every 3 mos).

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 5:26 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• It's an itchy rash you can get while pregnant. I can't remember what causes it. I can't believe your doctor has no clue...geeze.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:27 PM on May. 26, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:29 PM on May. 26, 2010

• PUPPS. I had this towards the end of my pregnancy. Nothing helped but delivering the baby. I was induced 2 weeks early.
    vanessabrown

Answer by vanessabrown at 5:30 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Could it be poison ivy by any chance? Have you taken a walk outside recently?
    Buy some chamomile lotion or zinc oxide and rub it on the rash, it will help with the itchiness.
    Hope it goes away soon! Congradualtions on the baby! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:31 PM on May. 26, 2010