CANT TAKE IT!

My son is now a whopping six days old and my daughter is almost 3. Is it normal that every thing my daughter does is driving me crazy? I feel so guilty but she's being so naughty and dad is trying to keep her away bc everytime I try to nurse him she wants to jump on me. She is constantly doing anything for attention and all I seem to want to do is yell at her, which I'm aware is not helping anything, I just don't know what to do, please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, she's feeling jealous.. she has to share mommy now.. ALL The time, not just here and there. This is where negative attention is better than no attention. not saying you aren't giving her any attention but like any child, she wants it when you can't give it to her - maybe she could sit by you and rub the baby's tummy or hair when you are feeding she could gather burp rags or play with mommies hair? Or draw a picture for mommy?? I am sure you are tired and hormonal also which probably adds to it. just remember, YOU are her whole life.. now she has to share you.. that sucks!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:37 PM on May. 26, 2010

• She's used to being the center of attention...it's going to take some time for her to get adjusted to a sibling. Make her your "big girl helper"-throw dirty diapers away, bring you burp clothes, hold baby's hand while you breastfeed...make her feel like she's a part of things.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you are all being pretty normal! This is a lot to adjust to....and that is true for all of you. Forgive yourself for getting frustrated with her, but do try to give her a bit of exlusive time when you can. You will all adjust....remember this is normal!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:28 PM on May. 26, 2010