Adult step kid driving me bonkers

How do you deal with a spoiled step child when they are already adults? Mine is staying with us for another 6 days and I swear she is making me crazy. All she does is talk down to me about how I raise my children, complain about needing to leave the house (after already have gone places that day), and is always wanting to eat fast food that we are paying for even though our fridge is full of food not only to make normal meals, but left overs as well from trying to cook for her and her toddler. I am about to lose it. Is it bad to beg my boss for a few hours while she here? I work staffing for a medical company and took the week off and am starting to regret it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, get a few hours of work, or even just go out for a while....vent on here if you need to. Whatever you do, just don't say anything to her or your husband. Just let it go.... Even though she is an adult, she may be just trying to make sure she still has a place in her Dad's home. Don't let it get to you....just ignore it!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:24 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Oh wow! No way...I would try for all the hours I could get! She is an adult and in your house. I do not consider my parents' house my house. It is their house, their rules and their routine when we go visit them. She should def understand that since she has a kid of her own. I can not believe she is having you guys pay for eating out, that is really rude. Maybe you could tell her "We were not planning on eating out so much so we bought some extra food for while you and _____ are here. You are free to go get whatever you want but I don't want all this food to spoil before we get a chance to eat it."
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 5:58 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Picked up a shift for tomarrow it is only for a few hours, but I am getting a babysitter for a few extra and staying out than taking the kids to the park after I pick them up.
    I know she is pulling this because she is so use to being over spoiled and is testing how things will work with her dad now that he has more kids (she waas his only we had ours after she turned 19). It is just crazy I expect young kids to test boundries and act like brats but she is in her 20s with a kid. I have even taken the kid shopping gotten whole bag full of clothes and a another bag half full of toys. No thank you no nothing just can we go out to eat he does not want to eat food from your kitchen cause it is dirty. Mind you only thing wrong was I had not done the dishes because I was gete this busy taking her out. Errrrrrrrrrrr 6 more days.
    Anonymous