Avon Ladies...

Have you seen that Avon has bought ad space on CafeMom? Do you think this will hurt your opportunity to find new people here? Or do you think it could help?

Honestly, I'm just wondering what everyone thinks. I know if my company bought ad space I would be upset because I work hard to answer everyone's questions... So I was wondering what you all think about Avon's Ads...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:36 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't think anyone on here should ba adding people to sell things to them! It's just plain RUDE!! I deleted someone who added me only to sell Avon... I was super pissed about it. I'd never buy anything thing for people on here!!

Anonymous

• Well anon, that's you. But do you know how many women I have spoke to that are looking for home business options? Avon is a great one because it's very low cost and easy to do, although the profits are low... So, for people who go through the process of talking with these women and answering all their questions those ads are potentially stealing their money... And no one said anything about adding people... Just talking with them. And there are plenty of groups for business moms to do that... And plenty of moms like myself who prefer to buy from other moms... So thanks for your nastiness, but it has no place here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I'd be pissed if my company did this, they dont do it anywhere. They save the money to give to the reps.

National campaigns cost the reps money.

I left Avon cause i was feeling all the new fees way to much!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:15 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Avon does lots of things like this, such as tv commercials, ads on AOL's welcome page as two examples. They think it means that people will go to avon.com and use the search to find a local rep, however you can also just buy directly from avon.com. If it was set up that orders still went to reps I'd see no problem with it.

I *used* to sell Avon, but it's not easy these days. Yes, it's great that they have affordable items, but that also means typical orders are small, so profit is small. I made the most money with Avon when I was an assistant or my District Manager, Avon gave me $75 a campaign for the work PLUS 50% commission on everything, no matter how large or small my order was.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:58 AM on May. 27, 2010

• Avon doesn't care about their customers; if they did, they would stop selling products with cancer-causing ingredients.

Why do you think that they care about the hard-working people who sell their product?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:08 PM on May. 30, 2010

• One company who wont take up your ad sapce...is the one I currently work with...ALSO GREAT WORk AT HOME OPPURTUNITY and NO PARTIES! NO INVENTORY TO KEEP. Check out my website for free information!

http://www.internetceomoms.com/westfamily
    texasmommy1216

Answer by texasmommy1216 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 5, 2010