I thought every child asks what a babys private part is???

My DD who just turned 5 last month. Has seen his baby cosuin (now 22 months) get his diaper changed a bunch of times. He was born when she was 4 and even then seen him get changed and she has never asked what his private is. My yougest will be 2.5 in July and she does the same thing she will look at it so does my 5 year old, but niether of them ask what it is I thought that was strange that they never ask. Then I thought maybe it is cause they see daddy like that. We are teaching my 5 year old not to walk in on daddy since she is getting older she stairs at him, but it isn't going well lol. But anyway is that why they don't ask cause they see daddy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on May. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 3 yo just got a new brother. She has not asked anything about his little part yet.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:51 PM on May. 26, 2010

• It's normal for kids to ask... BUT, normal doesn't mean that ALL will do it... Maybe they just aren't at a point where that's a concern to them yet... I would think that not asking is less of an issue than asking is... So don't worry about it to much.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:38 PM on May. 26, 2010

• The children are to old to see their father naked!
    Anonymous

• i dont know...my son makes sure he points out my neice has "two butts, just like mommy"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:39 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You are probably right they normally do not ask about things that are normal to them so if they have walked in on dad than they are not going to be as curious as a child that has never seen it before.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:40 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My son is 2-1/2 and has never asked either - he knows his private but he's never asked about mommies or daddies -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I don't think that all kids ask... I can remember my son asking when his first sister was born, but I can't recall either of my girls asking why their brother has different genitalia or what to call it. They've seen it and know boys and girls are different but have never really asked me to explain it to them.

My son did ask me the difference between circ'd and intact, based on the baby of a friend who is circ'd. It so happens that most of the kids we know are intact, so I don't think my son had ever seen one that was circ'd before. He didn't understand why they were both boys but had different penises. We explained and he has never asked about it again.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:51 PM on May. 26, 2010

I know and we are working on that it isn't like he is walking around them naked they walk in on him when he is in the shower
    Anonymous

• i don't think there is anything wrong with your kids seeing there dad...they will know themselves when to quit looking
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:22 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Not all kids are curious enough to ask b/c they don't care, especially if family has never made a big deal out of "private parts".

As for your girls walking in on your DH while he's showering, that's what locks were invented for!
    Anonymous