Do you believe that miserable people enjoy

making other people miserable?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• You know that old saying "Misery Loves Company" well, it's not wrong...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on May. 26, 2010

• People who are miserable tend to make everything else around them a negative. That means people, events, acitivities, and just about anything you can think of. Negativity only leads to negativity.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:54 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I work with a negative person and it drains me. When she is not there the mood is so much lighter. It can feel like walking on egg shells sometimes.

• Yes. I know someone that is a miserable person, and they make everyone else miserable. They act like EVERYONE around them should cater to them, and they make life miserable.

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:34 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I'm sure some do. I think others are just negative, and like previous posters mentioned, it brings everyone else down. They may not necessarily enjoy it, or even realize they are doing it. I do think that there are people our there though that truly get a kick out of making others miserable.

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:13 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Of course they do!!!! Maybe they don't purposely want other people to be miserable, but it doesn't make them feel better when good things happen to other people, so why would they be happy about that? haha

If your boyfriend broke up with you, would you be excited about your sister finding a new man? probably not.....see my thinking here. Maybe not every miserable person is that way....., but they sure don't seem to lighten anyone's mood do they? lol

• Not a person who is just temporarily sad...but a really negative person, YES! For example, I have a friend who finds a problem withe everything and a reason why no solution will work. She hates when I am positive about things. We kind of laugh about it, but sometimes it gets to me.

Answer by BJoan at 8:17 PM on May. 26, 2010