How old should my child be before they get facebook?

My child wants to get facebook. I really don't want her too. But, just in case I agree to it, should there be a special age limit other than how old you have to be to get it? And should my child really get facebook? thank you for answering my two questions.

JaneWilliams5

Asked by JaneWilliams5 at 5:53 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• How old are they and do you have one. I think 16 is a good age
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:23 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Facebook has an age limit set - yes there are ways around it, but technically you're supposed to be entering high school (so 14, give or take a year) to be eligible.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let my child to have one, not even a 16 year old. It's too dangerous and too risky. I know adults that don't even have the common sense to know what to post and what not to post. My kids are young, but I can't see myself letting any of them have a facebook account.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 9:26 PM on May. 27, 2010