Are these contractions or something else?

I should know but I don't...this is my 2nd pregnancy. I THINK I'm having BH contractions every now and then but they don't feel like actual labor contractions did with DD.
My stomach gets hard and my heart starts to beat really fast. What is it? I'm 34 weeks and 5 days pregnant btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• probably braxton hix..or false labor, i hear you get them more in your second pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• braxton hicks sweetie, if your really worried track them and if they seem like they are on time and decreasing instead of here and there. If it's here and there like one is 8 mins and the next one is 14 min, and then the next is 9 mins. then it's most likely braxton hicks. Regular labor pains is constant and gradually decreases the contractions keep getting closer together. If your really worried then call your doctor.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 6:53 PM on May. 26, 2010

• That is what I remember happening!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:09 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Braxton Hicks are contractions - they're just not baby delivering ones.

A fellow mom and I were talking today about how we noticed the big difference between BH and labor contractions was the BHs were an all-over the stomach tightening feeling (really in the muscles). Labor contractions were more like period pains - more of an achy soft tissue pain closer to the pelvis.

...I suppose every woman and pregnancy is different, but maybe that at least sounds familiar to your last pregnancy and delivery.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:16 PM on May. 26, 2010