Have you ever lost a tampon? (TMI)

I can't remember taking mine out (just ended my cycle) and had a couple of drinks last night and dtd with hubby. I am freaking out here, I grabbed a mirror and I can't see a doggone thing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• No. But you had to have taken it out, there isn't anywhere in there for it to really go...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:08 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes that has happened to me before. You just have too (as gross as it sounds) reach up there and try to grab it it can't go that far up.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:09 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I panic about that sometimes! Suggestion? Lube your finger w/ ky or vaseline or something and just sweep it in a circular motion inside your vagina .... between the string and bloated tampon, you'll feel something
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:10 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Thanks for giving me hope SMB. I feel so dumb ;(
    Anonymous

• ER doctors see 10+ of those worries a week....... go on, it'll take them about 90 seconds to give you a yes or no. If it's been in there since yesterday like you suspect, u might need an antibiotic.

Otherwise round up a friend who wont giggle at you and spread 'em
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:11 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I will say after doing this once you will remember from now on to take it out. lol
    If you don't feel anything that means it you did take it out. Because there is no where for it to go.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:12 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I thought I did once. I put the tampon in but once I reached for the string, it wasn't there. It was an empty applicator. I went to the gyno and was so embarassed. They said you would be amazed what people lose in there condoms and all kinds of things. She said it's like a pocket. Luckily, there was no tampon stuck in there, but that was kind of scary. LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:21 PM on May. 26, 2010

• you can't really 'loose' it, there's no where for it to go -
    but if you may have had sex while it was still in there, then it may be pushed up. Using a mirror probably won't help much-
    you'll need to check for it with you fingers.
    Had it happen to me once, I just had to lie back and relax and my husband took care of it.
    But please make sure that there's nothing in you, or else you could risk Toxic shock-
    Anonymous

• ha!! YES I have had this happen!!! I had someone get it for me....you'll find it, prob the string got bent up or you accidently put it in backwards and didn't realize it b/c it was in the thing wrong....oh man that is the worst when you can't find the string...you are not alone ;)
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 7:01 PM on May. 26, 2010

• drinking...ha!
    Anonymous