having some issues with the "baby blues"

I can't help but feel sad every other day, whether it's because I can't get anything done since I have a new born, or because i'm getting yelled at my spouse for something I didn't mean to do. I was hoping my dh would be a little nicer to me once baby came...and he has a little, but, he still says the meansist things sometimes.

I guess i just wonder how i'm going to get anything done once my dh is back to work..how will i go grocery shopping, clean house, cook dinner if no one is here to help take care of baby while i sleep (in the mornings he has troubles sleeping)..Also, I try to sleep before my baby is having trouble sleeping in the day, but then i get hungry, and by the time i'm feed, baby needs to eat and is up.

Any advice on handling all of this worry..on how to get baby to sleep?
Do you think getting a swing might help(when he is in the car seat he seems happy).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Caution on Babywise. If you're breastfeeding it is very breastfeeding-unfriendly; the feeding methodology is a recipe for supply problems.

Baby is still too young to be sleep trained.

I also agree...if DH was mean before, nothing will change. Counseling...or you may need to throw him back in the pond. Better to be a single mom than have your son think he can treat his wife like she means nothing.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:53 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Con: I feel if anyone where going to come over, i'd probably spill how mean i feel my dh has been..which would probably make him angry...the only way i can cope right now is by crying and talking about it.
    Anonymous

• Pick up BabyWise.. read through it and decide if you like it. It helped me SOO much with my first. My second baby was very sickly and in the hospital a lot, so it didnt work out for us then. I got massive PPD with my second. B-vits are amazing! And Omega oils... also, see a doctor!! I eventually had to get on antidepressants and they made a world of difference., I am mad i waited so long. Take care. It IS very overwhelming but we all get past it.
    Anonymous

• Also, you need to sit and have a BIG talk with DH. Was he mean before? If so, I dont think much is going to change.. sorry.
    Anonymous

• well first off congrats on the baby!!!! second you will find your groove i promise you will get stronger and baby will always come before mommy but daddy needs to help out everything will fall into place in time!
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 6:36 PM on May. 26, 2010