Does anyone know how they are gonna deliver there baby?

I ask because I wanna deliver my baby through hypno waterbirthing, but one of my cousins had her baby that way and she said it was painful, this is my first child and ever since she told me that I have been leaning towards a bed birth, but my husband still wants me to do it natural he thinks it will be a much more beautiful experience..

MzAndrews24

Asked by MzAndrews24 at 6:23 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• birth IS painful.. think about whats happening???
    Imy first birth was induced with an epi and i ended up with a c-section. I was miserable the whole time. My second was drug free, completely natural and yes it hurt like hell, but its birth.... you have a giant baby coaming out a tiny whole... duh.
    Anonymous

• I would tell your hubby thanks for the advice but the decision is yours! You are the one that has to go through it....it hurts no matter what position/facility you are in. Choose what you want and congrats to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:30 PM on May. 26, 2010

• It may be a beautiful experience cause you will go through all that pain and at the end you would bring something beautiful into the world and when you see the baby it will be worth all that pain.....but I with my first was induced and was going to go natural but once the pain kicked in after my water broke I swore up and down from the pain I had i was 7 cen. dialated and the checked me I was 4 and half cen long story short I got an epidoral I couldn't do it I just couldn't if I was in the pain I was at 4 imagine what it would be at 7. It's all your decision it's going to be painful and I didn't get to feel the max pain but it was still beautiful to me when they put her in my arms and even the pain the next day when the epidoral wore off I felt cramping and lot of pain but everytime I looked at her I couldn't think of anything else but her. So all in all your going to be the one that feels everything.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 6:49 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yeah....birth plans....they don't always work out! Child birth is extremely painful and can last a very long time. It is hard not to take advantage of pain relief when you know it exists. I hope it works out the way you want it to, but I also agree it is 100% your decision and not your husband's. You may change your mind when it gets painful and that is really okay....you don't need someone there telling you not to change your mind. He can never know how much pain you are in so only you can make that decision.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:59 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I had a no pain meds birth. And I was given Pitocin. I prefer no pain meds. I like being able to walk and move around. I didn't try the HypnoBirth or Water...I had him in a birthing bed. But, on my back...next time, I will move around and decide what position is best.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:36 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Most women who hypnobirth find a low-no pain experience.
    My waterbirths were intense, not necessarily painful.
    Birth does not HAVE to be painful, of course, it depends on the approach & efforts & techniques...

I encourage you to get more info, well-read, a great midwife and doula, and then, read more!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:43 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You probably would go through less pain if you refuse pitocin - it artificially makes your contractions longer and harder = MORE PAIN. Sometimes distraction works for some people - such as hypno. Being in a tub usually helps with the back pain. If you are relying on your own body to do what it naturally does and don't give it any "help" with drugs - it should be fine.

Plus I feel that, of all the things to worry about, pain should be the least of your concern. The more natural you birth, the less recovery time, injury, and overall pain you will have. Usually at least.
    ProudMuslimMa2B

Answer by ProudMuslimMa2B at 10:10 PM on May. 26, 2010

• it's up to you. i strongly prefer no drugs during birth. my first, i had IV antibiotics and no pain-meds. it was a great experience. i wished i didn't have the IV though. for my 2nd, i planned a drug-free birth but then i went into labor 7 weeks early, so i had some drugs to try to stop the labor, then a steroid shot but my son was born within 3 hours. still no pain meds but i was sad i never got a drug-free labor and birth.

i have heard wonderful things about the hypnobabies program, so i think that would be awesome.
    Anonymous

• I had an epidural when I was induced and I couldn't leave my room for an hour and I got the feeling and movement back almost instantly after they removed the epidural. Don't stress to much birthing plans are just a guide not a law.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:35 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I agree with doulala.

I had home births that were absolutely amazing! yes, they were very intense but, as far as pain goes it wasn't anything I wouldn't handle. with my 1st I didn't want to be in the water and delivered squatting on the bed. with my 2nd I wanted a water birth and labored in the tub for a lot of the time but, ended up delivering on the bed. with my 3rd (due in November) I want to try water birth again but, this time but, if it doesn't happen it's ok as long as by birth says natural and at home.

I suggest looking into some of the natural birthing groups on cafemom like "birth is normal" and getting book more aimed at birthing naturally "Ina May's guide to childbirth" is an amazing book that I absolutely could not put down and it helped empower me to discover how empowering birth can really be.

birth is not something to fear. it's a wonderful beautiful experience.
    Jade812

Answer by Jade812 at 10:10 AM on May. 27, 2010