Do You Know Anyone Who Has Dated A Married Man and Actually Ended Up With Him? What Happened? (It's Just a Question....No Bashing PLS)

I just want to know if you ladies know someone that got involved with a married man, did she end up with him, and how did their relationship work out? PLS no bashing...I'm juuuuust asking a question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I do, she did NOT. He lost his job, his home and his wife as a result.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:38 PM on May. 26, 2010

• i had a friend who dated a married man. she got pregnant, he got divorced. they were together for a few years when (surprise!) she caught him cheating!

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• No bashing? You're on a site that is filled with moms, many of whom are with the fathers of their children and you don't want anyone to feel hurt, threatened, or angry that you're hoping to win a married man away from his family?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:45 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I am one who dated a married man and I am now married to that same man who also happens to be the father of my son. His ex wife was already dating her now husband and was basically just collecting his paycheck when he got paid. He was still living with her when I met him (her and her boyfriend) and after a couple months of us dating, he moved in with me to get away from her. I know her very well and she is a lot of nasty things I don't care to type out right now. My husband has never cheated on me or even looked in the other direction, I could never have asked for a more loving and caring man ever. We have been together for 5 years, married for one and we have never had a single fight... where him and his ex used to duke it out. We couldn't be happier actually. We just bought a house and are even planting trees!
    This is NOT your normal results to this kind of situation but I am so glad it happened the way it did.
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 6:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I do know someone, he was married no kids his wife loved to party and he worked two jobs to support her shopping habits, she would be gone for days, they were too young to have married honestly and they seem to be in love with the idea of marriage but not really inlove with each other. All of us thought they were insane they got married after knwoing each other for 6 months. Then he got close to my friend when his wife started pulling away, they just talked alot and then i guess months later they were pretty serious about each other. He left his wife, then married my friend a few years later and now they have 3 kids and have been together 17 years. people say they are one of the happiest couples around. They seem happy and still very much in love. Was it right? no i dont think it was right but sometimes things like that fall into place.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:48 PM on May. 26, 2010

• wow thriving mom i dont think the OP ever said she wanted to win a man away from his family, its an honest question. how do you know she isnt asking because her DH is cheating? might want to step back a minute and rethink things. No i am not for cheating i am very against it but dont get mad at the poor girl for asking a question.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:52 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Yes, one of my girlfriends had a situation where her husband was having an affair with a co-worker and she found out. He seemed relieved according to my friend and they separated and eventually divorced. All along he stayed with the girl he was cheating with and I believe they got married at some point, but it was really hard to see my friend go through a heart break like that, she also had two children with this guy. Anyway, on the other hand I have to say that I don't believe anyone can break up a marriage, the marriage must already be in trouble and the person cheating has to want it, otherwise when your married and having problems..if you want it to work out you go to marriage counseling or do whatever it takes to make it work.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:56 PM on May. 26, 2010

• OP talking here. LOL, 3ringcircus, you took the words right outta my mouth.
    Anonymous

• Her question does not read like she is the wife, and if she is then my comment wouldn't offend her in the least, instead she would most likely see my point of view.

I know everyone has their own belief system, but the level of disrespect that some moms show for the sanctity of marriage makes my head spin. And what's really sad is that when you see comments on this site, you know they are from a mom which means children are involved in these messes. I didn't say anything rude. I gave her "honest" question an "honest" answer.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:59 PM on May. 26, 2010

• my friends dad had an affair and he divorced his current wife and married his mistress...they're still married 3years
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:00 PM on May. 26, 2010