Is this normal?

I had my son in January and I just started my first period yesterday. Is it normal to be so tender in the abdomen that it feels like someone just drop kicked me? Edit: The pain is so sharp that I cannot even think about bearing down to have a BM, which means that I cannot have one. I even have to sit down gently or it hurts insanely.

I tried to edit this on the original post but it wouldn't let me edit so I reposted with the edit included.

hazelnutx

Asked by hazelnutx at 6:39 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• I did some more research and turns out that it was more than likely a cyst on my ovary. I haven't gone to the doc as it passed within 3 days just like the article I read said it would. I will discuss it with my GYN at my next appt though. Thanks everyone for your help.
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 5:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• No, that is not normal at all. I just had my 3rd baby in December and all 3 were c-sections and even with the surgeries, I didn't have pain like that this far out. Pls give your OB a call.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:03 PM on May. 26, 2010

• you need to call the doctor did you tell them at your six week?
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 7:19 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I didn't have this pain till yesterday.
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 7:22 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Nothing normal about it....did you say January????? That is four month ago....I don't think you should have any pain at all that is directly related to having a baby after four months.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:49 PM on May. 26, 2010

• call the Dr...something is wrong.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 8:38 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My baby is 3 and I still have insanely painful periods now & then. Definitely call your doc but it sounds reasonably normal to me. Your body is readjusting once again to something different.
    Anonymous

• Yeah call the dr. I would thing your cramping. Also try a laxative to soften up the bowl movement. Some times that first time is a bit difficult however I would check to make sure they don't want to see you. Let us know how it goes and what the dr tells you.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:54 AM on May. 27, 2010