This sounds stupid

but do any of you intelligent women know any way to prevent a menstrual period from coming at a certain time...I'm not regular and I kid you not..I start my period for almost every special occasion. My wedding day, honeymoon, anniversary get a way, hubby's birthday. Omg! Is there anything I can do to delay it? anniversary is coming up again and we may be going to Maui...WOOO HOOOO!!!!! and I can't invite uncle Tom and Aunt Flo to this one HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• er..i know you can get regular periods if you take birth control..other then that i don't know of any way of stopping it..
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 6:45 PM on May. 26, 2010

• yeah hormones. Some women have no period with the shot or with the IUD.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If you want to stop or really slow your period down for one day, my sister and I both do this. We either soak in a really hot tub or take a hot as you can stand it shower. It will either stop it for a while or slow it down. But don't leave out your sanitary products, there really is no telling how long it will last.
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 6:51 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I know I used to be very irregular, and my Dr put me on birth control pills where I would take the active pills continuously for 3 months, then take the inactive ones and have my period for a week, then take the 3 months of active again. I did that for a few years and it works. Now I'm regular too. You could maybe ask your dr about doing that. Keep in mind that's been about 7 years ago so I'm not sure if they will still suggest it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:57 PM on May. 26, 2010

• if you are on the pill, you could just skip the inactive pills and go straight to the next row of the 1st month. i used to do that when i had something coming up! otherwise, its going to come when it comes!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 8:37 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If you get on the pill a good month or so ahead of time you can skip the "period pills" and also skip your period. My neighbor was scheduled to go on a swanky vacation, realized she was going to get her period the 2nd day there, called her doc, and found out she was too late (vacay was in less than 2 weeks, supposed to start pill when on your period).
    Anonymous

• you can't change your periods without hormonal birth control
    Anonymous

• Well not the iud I use it and I have regular ones. But perhaps the pill?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:11 PM on May. 26, 2010