My son holds his poo sometimes so I told him that he could get an impaction...

I told him about constipation and how it can cause and impaction. He could have to go to the hospital etc. So it's better just to poo if you have to go and he said....

Mom, this is not appropriate.

LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on May. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Lying is never appropriate. Good for him for telling you that. He'll be fine. When it wants to come out it will come out.
    Anonymous

• My daughter has this issue and she has had to go to the Dr. a few times to get cleaned out. I have her on Miralax and a good diet but she still refuses to go on her own. It is horrible and very hard to deal with !!!
    Anonymous

• its not that much of a stretch! maybe he will go next time! too funny tho.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 8:35 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You are absolutely right. My nephew (6yrs old) has been severely impacted. For the past 2 years he goes through cycles of laxatives and my sister has to give him enemas. Then, his bottom gets inflammed like diaper rash. When they get him cleaned out, his bottom is so sore he doesn't want to go and the cycle starts all over again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on May. 27, 2010