My fiance has pvc's. He is now having really bad dizzy spells that he feels like he is going to faint....

He has already had an ultrasound of the heart and an echocardiogram of the heart. The doctor said that everything turned out fine. Nothing is wrong. Well If nothing is wrong why is he now getting these terrible dizzy spells? He is worried again. When he has these dizzy spells, his heart is pounding really hard and is doing the pvc thing. I am so worried about him. Has anyone else experienced this?

tarams98020

Asked by tarams98020 at 6:58 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• Yes, I have. I have PVCs and PACs. If he's on a med for it, it might be making his blood pressure go too low. That would cause the dizzy spells.
    Anonymous

• I have PVC's and I have to admit, this is the first time I have come across someone else with em. Has he eaten recently? Is he drinking enough water? I used to have dizzy spells but it would happen when I waited too long to eat or when I was stressed. If he has more than 3 PVC's back to back, go to the ER.
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 7:02 PM on May. 26, 2010

• he said that he has started drinking soda with caffiene again. he was told to stop drinking things with caffiene. he is a bit stressed with his work. he has been drinking a lot of water as well. I just dont want him to pass out one day and have something bad happen. he has had more than 3 back to back, but the doctor said that here is nothing wrong with his heart.
    tarams98020

Answer by tarams98020 at 7:07 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Avoid caffeine.

Could it be anxiety related? I get them and the dr says they are not heart related but anxiety related. dizziness is also a symptom of anxiety attack.
    Anonymous

• I agree with PP, away from caffeine. I drink Sprite, Sierra Mist, and Mugs rootbeer as they are all caffeine free. And yes, it can be anxiety related. I had been diagnosed with anxiety disorder just after having my son and now that I think of it, that's when I had my dizzy spells. He will be fine as long as he stays away from the stimulants like caffeine.
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 7:21 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Has he actually seen a cardiologist? AND has he seen a cardiologist during these "attacks"? He really needs to be monitored, maybe a halter monitor for some length of time (that he can wear 24/7 while doing his normal activity). Especially if it's happening "again", after being told everything looked fine.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:27 AM on May. 27, 2010