Dying Dark blonde/light brown hair medium ash blonde.

I'm so confused. I've had someone tell me not to use the ash blonde, then i've had someone tell me thats the way to go.. I dont want to turn my hair a crazy color, or look grey. Please let me know if you think medium ash blonde is a bad choice to use, and if i should go get different color. Or if its alright to use.. thanks so much!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would advise to go the golden/warm route instead of ash/cold or it will look gray or brassy.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:04 PM on May. 26, 2010

• pick a neutral or a champagne shade

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:08 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Ash won't look brassy, but if you're only lightening by one shade, it may dull your hair. What's your natural tone? If it's golden, ash will be dulling. Neutral will tone down the brassiness well enough, without looking too grayed out.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't use anything that says ASH in it. it makes your hair have a green tint.
    Anonymous

• My natural hair color is a light brown. But i had some blonde highlights put in and they were kind of caramel looking.. *since when i got the highlights i had really dark hair* but since time has gone, the highlights ahve gotten lighter from being outside so much..
    Anonymous

• Perhaps you should go to someone who specializes in color then you will know what is right for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:28 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I have light brown hair and i dyed my hair last week with the revlon med ash blonde and is did absoluty nothing to my hair its still the same color.
    Anonymous

• I WOULD AVOID ASH AND GO TO SALLY BEAUTY SUPPLY. YOU CAN PICK YOUR COLOR, FIND OUT THE UNDERTONES AND EVEN GET ADDITIVES FOR THE DYE TO HELP ACHIEVE THE COLOR YOU WANT.
    janellest

Answer by janellest at 3:07 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I would go to the salon if at all possible or sally beauty supply is a good choice too. I wouldnt do ash...but sometimes it will say on your box if it is a cool or a warm color. Consider the color of your skin as much or more as the color of your hair. If you are pale/pinkish skin you are a cool.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:02 AM on May. 27, 2010