HUBBY cant Dance.. Help

ok so my husband cant dance and I accepted him for that. On our wedding day he only danced once with me and that was our last dance. We have been talking about going out to dance and stuff but I know if we go out to a club or a wedding or anything that involves dancing he will just sit there. there is no local dance classes anywhere, I just dont want to dance alone or with another man lol so how can I get him to be comfortable to get on the dance floor? How can I teach him to dance? thanks

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 7:20 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Dance with other women or talk to him about his boundaries regarding you dancing with other men - as long as you're not bumping and grinding it might not be a problem. I've had exes who didn't like to dance and it didn't bother them a bit. And then there was a long period of time I would just dance whenever and wherever by myself - I love to dance and that's all I cared about, not what people thought or who, if anyone, else was dancing. I know you'd like your hubby to share in this enjoyment with you - there are a couple things I am so passionate about and find so fulfilling and fun that I want my husband to do them with me, after all he's my best friend. But really, he's just not a dancer. A couple times alone at home after a few beers I got him to dance with me, but that's it. There's stuff he wishes I were into too - just can't fake it though. He's probably gonna have to change his own mind...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:10 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Why not just accept him the way he is? If he's not comfortable with it then don't force him.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 7:49 PM on May. 26, 2010

• what kind of dancing are you going to be doing? i would prctice at home... put on some fun music and just be silly, that would make him feel at ease..
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 8:33 PM on May. 26, 2010

• You can't teach him to dance if he doesn't want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on May. 27, 2010