Any problems with your mirena birth control?

I have been on this birth control for about 4 months and just now stopped bleeding. I have been told by some that its normal and I was wondering if anybody had this happen to them?

Lindsey.m.speir

Asked by Lindsey.m.speir at 7:30 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Health

• Yes that is normal. I was told by the doctor my period was going to stop sooner than it did. I think it took a year for it to totally go away but I love it! Who needs a period anyway that's my motto!
    paytonpants06

Answer by paytonpants06 at 7:47 PM on May. 26, 2010

• yeah i am going to love when my period stops for a long time wont have to keep track of the calendar to make sure i am not going to start when i am on the road or something lol so its great when i goes away.
    Lindsey.m.speir

Answer by Lindsey.m.speir at 8:33 PM on May. 26, 2010

• i was bleeding a long time in the beginning too but now i don't have a period anymore so i guess it's ok lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:19 PM on May. 26, 2010