should i be worried?

so my dd has been losing weight VERY fast. She has been working on eating better for not even two weeks yet and she has lost 17 pounds! should i be worried? She dances 3 hrs and runs 4 miles (or bikes) each day.
and no she is not lieing about losing that much its very noticable. she is about 60 lbs overweight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Worried?? you should be happy, she is doing it right, I hope she keeps this as a habit, congrats to her!

Answer by older at 7:50 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Damn! good for her first of all! Usually people that are overweight will lose alot quickly. Especially with that kind of work out every day and eating well then no wonder she lost 17lbs already.
    paytonpants06

Answer by paytonpants06 at 7:51 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Iff she wasn't use to all the excercise before her body is shedding pounds because she shocked her metabolism, I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Answer by older at 7:52 PM on May. 26, 2010

• no she has always been doing doing the danceing and the running.. that why im kinda worried. like why would she suddlenly start losing weight...?
    Anonymous

• if she truly is making the effort to eat better, then the weight will come off- and that fast too. Even after 3 kids, I still shed weight quickly when I am eating well, and getting plenty of exercise.
    My brother has lost 20 lbs this month, simply due to dietary changes- and he has about 60 more to go. She'll level off soon, just make sure she is getting plenty of water, to help detox as she loses weight.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:03 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I lost weight about that fast at her age- for her to be exercising that much it's possible.
    I would just make sure that she is eating right and eating enough-

just as long as she understands that she may not be able to keep up that kind of exercising, so it could make a difference in speed of weight loss later.

Anonymous

• all she eats is bfast: apple lunch: chips 80, apple 20 carrot 30 snack carrot 30 dinner saled 25. thats not very much. is that safe?
    Anonymous

• Even though she had quite a bit of weight to loose, 17 lbs in not even 2 weeks is alot, I would say too much too quick....weight lost this quickly usually doesnt stay off, it comes right back on cause she wont be able to maintain the diet you just posted for long term, so as soon as she starts back eating normally the weight will slowly stack back on......

She can still watch what she eats and still eat 3 healthy meals a day.......that way she should be able to maintain the eating it should be a lifestyle not a diet..........the weight wont come off as quickly but it has more of a chance of staying off.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:42 PM on May. 26, 2010

• i think i saw where you listed what she eats and no i dont think her meals are healthy. see if maybe you could talk to her about the importance of getting the right balance of foods. and ask if she could start say adding a piece of whole grain toast and an egg in at breakfast, maybe a turkey sandwich at lunch, and for dinner she needs a piece of lean meat or fish on that salad. tell her that she has to make sure that she does it the healthy way to prevent a crash diet
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:11 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I would be learning about anorexia if I were you. 17 lbs in 2 weeks is not healthy.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:37 PM on May. 27, 2010