Sketchers shape ups--do you have em? do you like em?

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:57 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• well, i can tell you that anywhere i have seen them they only cost $100, not 130 like pp said and i got mine for 25% off and free shipping so that was good for me. i disagree very much with all of the pp lol. first of all, i could clearly get a gym membership, but walking is something i can do with my kids and it's something i can easily make time to do every single day. going to the gym would be much more inconvenient for me, plus i hate to break it to them but a good pair of sneakers plus a gym membership is gonna cost more than $100. secondly, i have had mine since the winter, and now that spring is here and i can actually do more walking, i have really seen a difference (especially in my butt and thigh area). i also think that they are very comfortable and they don't make my feet hot and sweaty like they usually are when i'm wearing sneakers. imo they are worth the money and they definitely do work!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:02 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I just saw them listed in a article as one of the many ways that 'we get ripped off'
    claiming that they don't do what is claimed that they do-
    Anonymous

• I was going to say the same thing previous anon said. I read that too!
    Anonymous

• When are they going to be on sale? They cost $136.00 including tax. They come with a DVD with exercise routine. The "buy one get one half" doesn't apply for the shape ups. :-(
    Anonymous

• Are you really too lazy to take that ridiculous amount of money they cost and put it towards a gym membership?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:03 PM on May. 26, 2010

• PS They're HIDEOUS!
    Anonymous

• are they really about 130 dollars? you can spend that on a good pair of running shoes!
    Anonymous

• like said above, you can get a good pair of running shoes for that cost or a yearly membership to a gym, if you "really" want to "shape up"
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 8:19 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I don't think the fitness shoes really do much for a "workout", but they are really comfortable. My stepmom wears shape-ups and they are the only shoes that don't make her knee swell if she's on her feet all day. I wear Fitflops all the time because they don't make my feet hurt. I screwed up a tendon in my foot years ago so normal flip flops make my arch ache and burn. Fitflops are $50-$60 depending on the style, but taking away the pain is worth it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:20 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I heard u have to walk more than 2 miles a day to get any results... Idk... I dont have them
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:55 PM on May. 26, 2010