Moms who have gone back to school?

How old were your kids. Since having my son(5 months old) I've felt the need to better my life, but I feel its way to soon to leave him, but at the same time i want him to grow up in a struggle free house. My Mom struggled and I saw her worry way to much and it worried me to see her worry. I dont want that. I don't know what to do im torn. Of course I will go back to school but when is right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is 3 right now, and I'm pregnant with another. I'm going to school full-time right now. I'm taking mostly online courses for this summer and fall. They cost a little more, but it's worth it because I get to stay at home while doing my school work.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 8:27 PM on May. 26, 2010

• there is never a perfect time
    Figure out whats best for you
    my son was almost 1 when I went back
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:23 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I went part time and some of my classes were online from before my 1st son was born. When he was born I only went part time and when he was 18months old I had 1 year off completely and during that time I had a second son, and a year ago I got into the nursing program and went back full time. So I've been going full time for 1 year now and have a couple more to go, my boys were 2.5, and 6 months when I went back full time to do my clinicals for nursing school. It's worth it and if you have a great husband that is supportive it really helps. I wont' say it's not hard, but it is short term and worth it. Do it now and you'll be there for all the baseball games later when they are looking in the stands for you. i think the sacrifice is worse when they get older. Good luck you can do it!~
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 8:38 PM on May. 26, 2010

• 7 and 5 and I was pregnant! Going for Bachelors in Criminology.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:41 PM on May. 26, 2010

• If you don't feel like the time is right for you, then it probably isn't. My daughter is turning 4 in August and I am finally going back to school this fall. She will be in a preschool program that I really like so I have no worries about her well being. (BTW I am 34!)
    Babyemnem

Answer by Babyemnem at 8:52 PM on May. 26, 2010

• dd was 2 months when i started college. and my son was almost 1 when i went back. its always hard, but you just have to do whats best
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:13 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I was taking classes while I was pregnant. I took a year off and then I went back last fall. I have taken 4 courses and all of them online. I will say it isn't easy but it is doable. I would go back whenever you feel that you can. I am taking time off again, but I am out of classes to take unless I get into nursing program and we are moving out of state this fall or winter so it won't do me any good to start now and then have to pay to retake those same classes when we move.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:33 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I started when my sons were 3 and 5 and had my daughter while I was in school. I got creative on scheduling classes online or early in the morning. It took 8 years to earn my BA but it was well worth it!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:23 PM on May. 26, 2010

• It is different for everyone because life circumstances are different for everyone. I was able to afford childcare, work full-time, and attend college full-time back in 1999 when I earned my first degree. My children were ages 5, 8, and 10. In 2007 when they were 13, 15, and 18, I went back to college full-time while I worked part-time to earn my second degree. I am currently working on my third degree and do not work at the moment, although I am looking for part-time work, and my children are 16, 18, and 21. I also have a 15 month old granddaughter. All of whom live with us.
    I could not have attended earlier because I did not have the support system, nor the financial structure, needed to help me to attend and do my best.
    I wish you the best in all your future endeavors!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:16 AM on May. 27, 2010

• I stayed in school until my daughter was born, took a break, and went back when she was 9 months old. Then, I gave myself a break until she was 5 to get my Master's. So, I did. However, by then, I also had a 3 month old son, but I did it anyway. If you're waiting on the kids, it's easier when they're little and just lie there or sleep all day. The sooner the better, I say.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:21 AM on May. 27, 2010