Advice?

Long story short... We are going to have to move to Maine. I have always lived in VA and all of my family is here. My husband is from there. We are out of work for a long time and out of money. He has work there... How do you make it work so far away from a really close family? I am especially close to my grandparents and thats why we moved here (2 hours from where we used to live)... but if we don't sell, we will likely lose our house. How do I cope?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Just hink of this as new chapter in you life. Maybe things will be alot better in maine. Its a chance to meet new people and find out new things. I know you are going to miss your family but once you and your husband are settled then you can invite them to visit our you can visit them. and by then you will have some money in your pocket to do stuff with them. and they will be proud of you for getting back on your feet too.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 8:27 PM on May. 26, 2010

• Not sure on your religious beliefs but if it were me I'd pray about it and put my trust in God that he'll lead me where I need to go. He doesn't make mistakes. Good luck, it would be very hard to be away from a close family, but not impossible. You could get webcams and talk all the time that way, feels more real than the phone. Good luck honey!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 8:33 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My parents moved our entire family 3000 miles for similar reasons.

It ended up being BETTER,,,we were no longer stifled by the extended family's expectations.

Now, we did have some relatives move out...and the funny thng is there was a big fight with that branh of the family and we haven't spoken in 25 years.

We're closer to the folks who stayed in MA.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:58 PM on May. 26, 2010

• About 8 years ago I moved across the country, 1100 miles away from a very large support system - I had the most wonderful circle of friends closer than my family, especially the family I moved to be closer to. It was a tough move and one that I chose, but I ended up finding the peace in my life I had been needing through another support system here (not my family). I've never been to Maine, but my dad said it is one of the most beautiful places he's ever been. I'm sure you will make a point to keep in regular communication with your family and visit when you can. Best I can tell you is be open to life's possibilities. You never know what doors this may open for you. It's hard to leave loved ones. Just be open to others who may come into your life who can offer love and support as well. If your grandparents are physically and financially able to visit you, encourage that. Best of luck to you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:00 PM on May. 26, 2010

• you just cope! Take it day by day.....I grew up in Australia and left my close family to married my husband to live in the US for 8 years...........now we live back in Australia, its always hard, I had my moments being so far away.....and now we are away from my husbands family and its hard also......its jsut something you deal with when you get married and start your own life....at least your a short plane trip away! Good luck, you have to do whats best for your family and go where the work is.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:27 PM on May. 26, 2010