question about crawling.

I know I am getting way ahead of myself, because my dd is only 4 months old, but I have a tendacy to worry about dumb things. What type of surface did your child first start crawling on. The rug in my living room is kind of ruff and I don't think would be very comfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on May. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rug. My DD couldn't crawl on the hardwood at first because it was too slippery but she could grip good to the carpet. She never showed any discomfort and we have a rough carpet also. She gets red knees alot but with all the excitement, I don't think she notices.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:39 PM on May. 26, 2010

• He never crawled. Lots of babies never do.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:44 PM on May. 26, 2010

• tile. she didn't care what surface she was on, she just wanted to get up & go! Now she's running for the front door!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:55 PM on May. 26, 2010

• when a child is ready to crawl if they even crawl they will do it wherever and whenever.....just let to happen naturally, dont worry yourself about what type of surface she or he needs.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:24 PM on May. 26, 2010

• yah, baby probably won't care what kind of surface he or she is crawling on. We have both linoleum and carpet in our living room, and once they get moving, even if you try to keep them on one, they'll figure out a way to get somewhere else. If you're worried about her knees, you can use old socks or those soft arm bands or something to put on around her knees so they don't rub on the carpet.
    Anonymous

• crawling is not a milestone. some babies never do it at all. my daughter was 8 months and my son was about 5 1/2 months.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:39 PM on May. 26, 2010

• ^^^ both started crawling on carpet.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:40 PM on May. 26, 2010

• My son was 5.5 months and he started on hardwood. Thats all i have in my house :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:21 AM on May. 27, 2010

• My son started on carpet. He would stop when he got in the kitchen on the tile, but it didn't take him long until he was cawling in there too. I just try to keep something over his knees when he's playing so they don't get red.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 8:41 AM on May. 27, 2010

• We have hardwood floors. My daughter only does the army type crawl for now, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:17 AM on May. 27, 2010